Joint Commission Consultants
The Joint Commission (TJC) is considered the gold standard accreditation body for healthcare organizations. For over 70 years, TJC has been a global leader in achieving quality improvement and patient safety in healthcare.
TJC accreditation is an excellent way to demonstrate your healthcare organization’s commitment to excellence. When potential clients see the gold seal on your website, they instantly recognize that patient safety, effective treatment, and enhanced staff education are top priorities for your facility.
At MVP Consulting Group, we understand the complexity and challenges of the accreditation process. As your trusted business partner, we will be with you every step of the way. With our expertise and deep knowledge of TJC, we can successfully guide your organization to achieving full accreditation.
Joint Commission Survey Preparation
Preparing your healthcare organization for a Joint Commission survey can be a significant challenge. Often, the process leading up to assessment is stressful and time-consuming. As leading Joint Commission consultants, the members of MVP Consulting Group are experts in what it takes to get accredited, and we are nationally and internationally recognized within the behavioral healthcare industry.
Our preparation services are based on proven strategies. With over 50 years of experience in survey and compliance consulting, we identify the most critical standards for your scope of service and patient population. Together, we can analyze your current practices and ensure that every aspect of your behavioral healthcare organization is in full compliance.
The Joint Commission’s standards of compliance are quite complex. To earn approval, a healthcare organization must provide documentation of policies and procedures in many different fields. Everything from leadership to emergency management to your human resources department will be up for review.
With this in mind, each area of your facility must be properly prepared for an on-site visit from the Joint Commission. MVP Consulting Group is with you every step of the way, providing the following services:
- Organizational Assessments: We conduct an organizational assessment to evaluate your current level of compliance with TJC standards. This baseline assessment provides a foundation for a customized action plan for Joint Commission accreditation.
- Education and Training: Our firm provides customized education for your team on the standards and how they will be surveyed in your programs.
- Policy and Procedure Formation: We will customize, author, and revise all of your organization’s policies, procedures, and plans.
- Mock Surveys and Tracers: Our mock survey simulates a TJC survey. This service is ideal for organizations seeking re-accreditation or who have had a recent leadership change.
- Identification of Risk Management or Compliance Issues: Our experts will advise your organization of any potential risk and compliance issues.
- Environment of Care/Life Safety Analysis “Opportunity Tours”: Our top-to-bottom onsite inspection ensures compliance with Emergency Management, Life Safety, and Environment of Care Standards.
- Ongoing Compliance Management: After accreditation or reaccreditation is obtained, our firm partners with our client organizations to ensure healthcare compliance is maintained by providing remote or onsite educational support/audits, standard interpretation, and one-on-one coaching with compliance leaders.
Our clients have included freestanding psychiatric hospitals, acute care hospitals, behavioral healthcare organizations, inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment facilities, ambulatory health organizations (surgery centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers FQHCs), outpatient facilities, laboratories, and healthcare staffing agencies.
When you partner with MVP, you gain access to decades of expertise. With us on your side, you will be well-prepared for survey success.