Meet Our Team
Deirdre Murphy, MBA CPPS LSSBB
Senior Ambulatory and Hospital Consultant
Deirdre Murphy has proven successful in partnering with healthcare organizations to create innovative solutions to achieve the most reliable and safe patient care. Her expertise is in designing and implementing high-reliability strategies to improve operational efficiency and financial performance. In addition, Deirdre has extensive experience in crisis management and cause analysis, accreditation, certification, and regulatory compliance, including readiness planning and follow-up activities.
Drawing from over 30 years of clinical and administrative experience, Deirdre is comfortable navigating large, complex health systems, or service specific challenges across the continuum. She is a skilled communicator and collaborator; gifted at influencing, motivating, and rewarding to develop high performing individuals, organizations and winning cultures.
Deirdre is a Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) and certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. She started her career as a Registered Nurse, and earned an MBA and Bachelors in Business Administration from Thomas More University. She is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and partners with international agencies committed to achieving ZERO patient harm.
Areas of Expertise:
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- Disease Specific Certification (DSC)
- Regulatory Compliance
- High Reliability Organizing (HRO)
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Crisis Management/Cause Analysis (RCA/ACA/CCA)
- Quality Improvement and Management
- Infection Prevention and Control (ICP)
- Medication Safety
- Fall Prevention
- Leapfrog Safety Grades
Past Consulting Work:
- Numerous accreditation and regulatory compliance engagements focusing on a variety of areas: Infection Control, Medication Safety, Suicide Risk, Universal Protocol, Restraint/Seclusion, Fall Prevention, etc.
- Designed and deployed multi-hospital accreditation governance and accountability structure.
- Developed strategic and operational plan for adoption of high reliability principles across all levels of an enterprise.
- Benchmarked best-in-class safety incident management systems; designed and deployed integrated solution across corporation.
- Optimized annual Leapfrog Safety Survey submissions and developed action plan to address opportunities for improvement.